You are here
Nebraska State Court of Appeals' College Campus Initiative
In 2012, the Nebraska State Court of Appeals instituted a community outreach and education program known as the “College Campus Initiative”.
The court annually holds oral arguments on college campuses throughout Nebraska as a way of bringing the judicial branch to young people.
The Court of Appeals has, since its inception, invited high schools, colleges, and community members into oral argument sessions when holding sessions outside of the Capitol. The College Campus Initiative is an enhanced version of the original plan that includes open invitations to all students on campus plus college instructors and active outreach to high schools through the Nebraska State Bar Foundation’s Center for Law-Related Education.
Students are furnished expanded case descriptions prior to viewing oral arguments and allowed a ‘question and answer’ session on court process and procedure following each panel argument session. Case summaries for upcoming arguments are available online.
CLICK TO READ MATERIALS FOR CHADRON STATE ARGUMENTS - APRIL 11, 2017
Past and Future College Campuses hosting the Nebraska State Court of Appeals:
- 2012 Peru State College, Peru
- 2013 Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln
- 2014 University of Nebraska Kearney, Kearney
- 2015 Midland University, Fremont
- 2015 Concordia University, Seward
- 2016 Peru State College, Peru
- 2016 Doane College, Crete
- 2017 Chadron State College, Chadron - Spring
- 2017 (Tentative) Hastings College, Hastings - Fall
- 2019 Concordia University 125th Anniversary Celebration, Seward
- Peru State College, Peru, September 13, 2012
- Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln, September 12, 2013
- University of Nebraska – Kearney, November 12, 2014
- Midland University, Fremont, January 13, 2015
- Concordia University, Seward, September 16, 2015
- Doane University, Crete, October 12, 2016
- Chadron State College, April 11, 2017
This program is directed by the Chief Judge of the Nebraska State Court of Appeals
For more information:
Nebraska Supreme Court Public Information Officer
1213 State Capitol
P. O. Box 98910
Lincoln, NE 68509
This page was last modified on Friday, February 17, 2017